Saturday 25 August 2007

Google adsense hypothetical

One makes money with Google adsense if one has the ads on his blog or website. Only condition is that people click on them in order for you to make money. Google doesn't allow fraud clicks or invalid clicks, meaning that you can't click your own ads or that you can't ask people to click on your ads. They are quite strict on this and if they catch you (which they will), they will delete your account.

Invalid Clicks and Impressions
Clicks on Google ads must result from genuine user interest. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on your Google ads is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include but are not limited to repeated manual clicks or impressions, using robots, automated click and impression generating tools, third-party services that generate clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, autosurf, and click-exchange programs, or any deceptive software. Please note that clicking on your own ads for any reason is prohibited. Failure to comply with this policy may lead to your account being disabled.

So I'm not going to ask you to click my links...DO NOT CLICK MY ADS!! lol
It is tempting though, isn't it. I'll click yours if you click mine. Google can track it though if too many clicks are generated from the same IP. Maybe it's an idea if your network is big enough and if you know a lot of people who take turns in clicking an ad every so many days ;-).

Hypothetical, if I reach my goal --which is consistantly 250 people on my blog a day--, if 10% of those people click just one ad(25 clicks a day) that would give me something like an extra, what? $10 a day? It depends how much the ad is worth of course. Two clicks of them would be $20. Thats a nice little extra per month. About $600.

I visit quite some blogs every day and I admit that when I see a Google ad that catches my eye, I check it out. I'm just hoping that people who visit my blog, do the same.

See Google? I'm not asking people to click, I'm just saying they should check out things they're interested in. So the advertiser gets genuine clicks. Everyone wins :D.

No comments: